How much do you love me (2005) hollywood movie watch online. Just a short VFX Breakdown of our album artwork for 'Infinite'.Go check out the music right here:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR-Balm9qyiccLYXvCSYd. Various – Breakdance - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Label: Polydor – POLD 5147, Polydor – 821 919-4.
|Single by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers|
|from the album Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers|
|Studio||Shelter Studios (Hollywood)|
|Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers singles chronology|
'Breakdown' is the first single from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' self-titled debut album. It became a Top 40 hit in the United States and Canada.
Played live, Petty sometimes incorporated 'Breakdown' with Ray Charles's 'Hit the Road Jack'. A live recording of this variation appears on The Live Anthology.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers original
- 7' Single (US, 1976)
- A. 'Breakdown' – 2:39 = background vocals were sung by fellow Shelter Records artist Phil Seymour who also sang on American Girl.
- B. 'The Wild One, Forever' – 3:01
- 7' Single (US, 1977)
- A. 'Breakdown' – 2:39
- B. 'Fooled Again (I Don't Like It)' – 3:54
- 7' Single (Germany, 1977)
- A. 'Breakdown' – 2:42
- B. 'Luna' – 3:59
- 7' Single (Spain, 1978)
- A. 'Breakdown' – 2:42
- B. 'Strangered in the Night' – 3:32
Electric Breakdance Album
|US Billboard Hot 100||40|
|US Cash Box Top 100||33|
|Canada RPM Top Singles||40|
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (1976)
- FM (1978)
- Pack Up the Plantation: Live! (1985)
- Greatest Hits (1993)
- Playback (1995)
- Anthology: Through the Years (2000)
- Mojo Tour 2010 (2010)
Breakdance Album Cover Art
Grace Jones version
|Single by Grace Jones|
|from the album Warm Leatherette|
|Length||5:30(album and 12' version)|
3:00 (single edit)
|Producer(s)||Chris Blackwell, Alex Sadkin|
|Grace Jones singles chronology|
Jamaican singer Grace Jones recorded a reggae re-imagining of the song on her 1980 album Warm Leatherette. Petty wrote a third verse of the song specifically for Jones to record; 'It's OK if you must go / I'll understand if you don't / You say goodbye right now / I'll still survive somehow / Why should we let this drag on?' The song was edited from its full, 5:30 album version to a 3-minute-long track on single release. It was released as a US-only single in July 1980 but didn't chart.
80's Breakdance Album
- 7' single
- A. 'Breakdown' – 3:00
- B. 'Warm Leatherette' – 4:24
- 12' single
- A. 'Breakdown' – 5:30
- B1. 'Breakdown' (edit) – 3:10
- B2. 'Warm Leatherette' – 4:24
- 7' promotional single
- A. 'Breakdown' (stereo edit) – 3:00
- B. 'Breakdown' (mono edit) – 3:00
Other cover versions
- 'Breakdown' was covered by Suzi Quatro on her album If You Knew Suzi.. (1978).
- The Replacements on their 1985 live album The Shit Hits the Fans.
- A live acoustic version of 'Breakdown' appeared on Missy Higgins' 2009 More Than ThisEP featuring Brett Dennen.
- Flaw performed a live cover of 'Breakdown' while touring 2010.
- The song was performed live by Foo Fighters while on their 2011 Wasting Light World Tour.
- Christina Perri performed this song on her 2011-2012 Lovestrong Tour.
- Austin Allsup covered this song on The Voice Season 11.
- Gary Allan regularly sings this in concert.
- In 2017 Lydia Lunch & Cypress Grove covered the song on their album Under The Covers.
- ^ abIra A. Robbins (January 1983). The Trouser Press guide to new wave records. C. Scribner's Sons. p. 227. ISBN978-0-684-17943-8.
- ^Greenwald, Matthew. 'Breakdown - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Song Info'. AllMusic.
- ^Joel Whitburn, Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles: 1955-2010, Record Research, 2011.
- ^'Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (Billboard Singles)'. AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- ^Cash Box Top 100 Singles, February 11, 1978[permanent dead link]
- ^'Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada (Top Singles - Volume 28, No. 24, March 11, 1978)'. Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-01-17.[permanent dead link]
- ^Joey Michaels. '3349. 'Breakdown' by Grace Jones'. sadclownrep.com. Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- ^'MISSY'S NEW EP 'MORE THAN THIS' by Missy Higgins on Myspace'. Myspace.com. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- ^'FLAW @ TREES DALLAS 5/20/10'. YouTube. 2010-06-07. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- ^'Under The Covers CD Rustblade – Label and Distribution'. Rustblade. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics