- Since the computer has now been backed up, you can uninstall the Windows update to fix “this copy of Windows is not genuine build 7600/7601”. Click the Start button, and open Control Panel window. Choose the System and Security section. Go to Windows Update part, and click View installed updates option.
- This wikiHow teaches you how to remove the Windows validation notifications that you see when using an unregistered copy of Windows. The easiest (and most legal) way of doing this involves activating your copy of Windows from within Settings, but you can use a couple of different temporary work-arounds if need be.
If you go to the Microsoft Fix it Solution Center, click on Windows for the problem area and then scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the total amount of Fix it solutions there are to date, currently 279. Hotkey dota 1 download. The Offline Fix it only has about 10% of the total, but includes the most common fixes.
This can be a helpful step in trying to clear up Printer Problems in Windows XP
4 Steps total
Step 1: Click on Start
Step 2: Click on Run..
Step 3: Open the Services console
Type services.msc and click the OK button
Step 4: The Services window appears
1. Locate the Print Spooler service in the right column
2. Click on the restart the service link on the left.
Once the service is restarted you can close all the windows.
Typically this will free up the Print Jobs in the Queues allowing you to cancel them.
- SonoraTim7249 Oct 30, 2008 at 07:05am
1. Click start
2. Click Run
3. Type 'net stop spooler && net start spooler'
- TabascoMr Wizard Nov 25, 2008 at 08:46am
Here is how to restart the print spool on a remote machine using a batch file:
start /wait sc remotePCname stop spooler
REM start the print spooler on the specified computer and wait until the sc command finishes
start /wait sc remotePCname start spooler
- Pimientonbrenner Feb 4, 2013 at 10:12pm
Has anyone found a way to do this in XP if the local user does not have admin rights?
- Pimientolynne cao Jan 8, 2014 at 02:08am
Tim 7249 is a good expert I think. using his suugestion my problem finally solved.
Thank you Tim 7249.
- Pimientobrucesteele Nov 16, 2014 at 01:14am
I clicked the start link at left of service list message said 'could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start.' Printer still not working can anyone help?
- Pimientojeffdunn Nov 20, 2014 at 10:34pm
Spot on! Now I know how to fix the problem if it happens again
- Pimientodwindykema Nov 26, 2014 at 09:03pm
Day 6 of trying to do what should be a simple task: install a 'plug and play' printer device.
At HP support advice and direction I turned all services off.
I am getting the same error message that brucesteele is. Any help or advice?
- Pimientodwindykema Nov 26, 2014 at 10:33pm
I found the solution at Microsoft forums:
To resolve the problem, fix the dependency information for the Spooler service.
Click Start, Run and type the following:
CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS
Unfortunately it still has not helped me to install a printer.
Windows Genuine Advantage Problems and Solutions
|What is Windows Genuine Advantage?|
Important Microsoft Pages
What Can I Do If My Version of Windows XP Does Not Validate?
Microsoft is offering a variety of options to customers who unknowingly purchased a counterfeit copy of Windows XP. Customers can submit a proof of purchase, the original counterfeit CD, and fill out a report with the details of the purchase and Microsoft will give the customer a complimentary copy of Windows XP. However only high-quality counterfeit Windows versions will qualify for this copy.
For customers who received a computer from a friend, off the Internet or another way and an illegal version was installed, the only option is to buy a fully licensed version. Microsoft is offering the Windows XP Home Edition license kit for $99.00 to customers, while the XP Pro Edition is $149.00. The Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP will include a new 25-character Product Key and a Windows Product Key Update tool that will allow customers to convert their counterfeit copy to genuine Windows XP electronically.
The other option is of course to buy a legal version of Windows XP off the Internet or in a retail store. Generally the prices for these versions will be more than the price Microsoft is offering for their Windows Genuine Advantage Kit. Although there are some internet sites like Newegg.com, greatsoftwaredeals.com or edirectsoftware.com that have great prices.
Remember though, if you purchase an OEM or full edition of Windows XP, you'll have to format and reinstall your operating system. You can however purchase an Upgrade edition and change a pirated version to a fully licensed version. Just be sure you have a previous version of Windows (95,98,ME) in case you need to completely reinstall Windows XP someday. Also one other note, if you currently have XP Pro (pirated), you'll need to purchase the XP Pro Upgrade to upgrade your system. XP Home can only upgrade the Home Edition, where XP Pro can upgrade both the Home and Pro versions. Hopefully, that's clear enough to understand.
The other option of course is to go through Microsoft's site and purchase a software key. They will send you a program to upgrade the counterfeit version to a legit version.
I Have A Legal Copy of Windows XP,
First of all, your computer may not be properly configured to allow the validation process to complete. For this reason, one of the first things you'll want to do is click on the link below to check your computer's configuration and fix any problems that may exist. After checking for problems, you can click on a link to validate Windows.
If your computer checks out ok, you may be experiencing one of the following issues.
The Security Update for Windows Genuine Advantage (KB905474) fails to install.
Another reason why the validation may fail occurs when the ActiveX control for the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool has been disabled. Follow the steps below to make sure the ActiveX is enabled.
A third error deals with Cryptographic Errors. If you are receiving the following information when running the WGA diagnostic tool, the problem is generally with corruption in the digital signatures of some files and they will have to be reregistered.
Diagnostic Report (1.5.0545.0):
Follow the steps below to resolve these cryptographic errors.
1) Click on Start, click on Run
4) You should receive a message that DllRegisterServer in Softpub.dll succeeded, click OK
7) Restart Windows and try to authenticate Windows again.
A fourth error message you may receive when trying to validate Windows XP is
This error message occurs when you do not have appropriate permissions for the DATA folder for Windows Genuine Advantage. Follow the steps below to fix this issue or click on the link above for the Microsoft article concerning this problem.
Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home
2. Right-click the Data folder, and then click Properties.
3. On the Security tab, click Users (usernameUsers) in the Group or user names section. If the Security tab is absent, you'll need to follow these steps as well.
4. In the Permissions for Users section, make sure that each check box in the Allow column is selected for the following permissions:
• Read & Execute
If the previous steps fail, start the computer in Safe Mode and try the procedure again.
If you experience other error messages or problems with the Windows Genuine Advantage, please email me so I can add these to the list.
Bookmark and Share this Article on PCHELL with these Social Networks:
Removal Instructions for Other Programs
|Recommended Software for PC Hell Visitors|
iolo System Mechanic®
Emsisoft Anti Malware